What We Do
We are educational planners, guiding schools to improve teaching and learning. We prepare and position schools for the demands and opportunities of 21st Century learning. Our work is transformational. It restructures school operations and improves educational delivery. It redefines the roles and relationships of teachers and students, improves program delivery, and strengthens the place and relationship of schools in their communities.
Where We Do It
We work across the USA, and internationally. A sampling of recent and current projects includes:
- A Sustainable Master Plan for Sacramento, CA.
- Planning for Student Centered Learning in Randolph, Massachusetts, funded in part from a grant by the Nellie Mae Foundation.
- Organization of a three part conference series for the Ohio School Facilities Commission to further 21st century teaching and learning in practice and facilities.
- Planning for the Aga Kahn Academy, Damascus, Syria.
- Planning for a K-12 American school in Morocco.
- Planning for a K-12 project-based learning school in India.
- Development of Career Clusters for all of the high schools in Providence, RI.
- Three projects for early years learning, Pre-school through Grade 2
How We Do It
We lead an important consensus-building process that builds support and understanding for school transformation and innovation among administrators, teachers, students, parents and the greater community. Our work is research-based and future orientated.We establish Educational Visions for future school and set up strategies to guide school restructuring, program development, and professional staff development as steps toward that future. We launch Pilot Projects with early adopters to demonstrate the impact of innovations.We develope Facility Master Plans to support Educational innovations district-wide.
We also create planning concepts for innovative learning environments and work with architects to design buildings that facilitate these educational aspirations.
In the past few years we have planned schools from Montana to Maine, and from Vancouver to Damascus in both the public and the private sector. We worked on schools from Pre-K to 12, including high schools, career tech schools, alternative schools, and elementary magnet schools. We developed district-wide master plans, sometimes planning for school consolidation, and other times for school expansion.
In all of this we are the messengers of best and next practices, incorporating lessons from educational research and innovative schools from around the world.
While our work fits into the traditional educational planning categories listed in the header bar above, it is hardly traditional. Take a look.
Frank Locker PhD
PS: We like to share. Check out our Company Store (free stuff, instant gratification).
The tax payer would be well served… more